Monday, October 13, 2014

7th bloggiversary

This blog is 7 years old, which is 70 in blog-years.  At this age, the blog begins to become forgetful.  Like, I forgot my bloggiversary was actually last week.  I also worry about forgetting that I already wrote about something, and then writing about it again, possibly expressing a contrary opinion on it.  No matter.

This year, I introduced a new topic: my attempts to write a novel.  Another new addition was the Best of Skeptic's Play page.  I was too lazy to sift through a thousand posts and find the best ones, so I just link to all my bloggiversary posts.  It turns out my bloggiversary tradition of picking out my favorite posts of the year was good for something.

Without further ado, here are my favorite posts from the past year.

Physics and math!
Quantum Mechanics for skeptics, redux
Sleeping Beauty and Quantum mechanics
Infinite Utility

Atheism!
I am oppositional
Christian doubt
Atheist and skeptical student groups are such clusterfucks

Queerness!
Dear Allies
Social justice as cryptolect
Sexual assault in (gay) party culture

Skepticism!
How to argue
The cost of knowing
Why I am ambivalent about skepticism

Miscellaneous!
Why video games are so flammable
Fractal Maze 3
Japanese "herbivore men" hold up a mirror to our culture

0 comments: