It's been only one week since I started, but there have already been several things that have surprised me.
1) How did I write so much? I just didn't expect to write something every day. I've always wondered how bloggers can update so often, but I think I understand now.
2) I don't want to scare anyone, but I was surprised how much info statcounter gives me. It doesn't tell me who is who, but it tells me the referring link, if any, and the length of the visit. It reminds me of all those times that I have left open tabs on various blogs for hours before actually looking at them.
3) So pretty much all the time I find myself saying the words "so" and "pretty." I guess that's the way I actually talk. I've been trying to delete instances of these words so I can add a bit of word variety.
4) I am a bit surprised to find I have a number of readers. But it seems no one will comment unless I specifically ask them to. People, I am not anti-social. Since some friends I know might comment anonymously, I'd actually be forced to be nice to you. Ok, I lurk all the time and understand the reasons for doing so, but I still stand by my hypocrisy.
5) Speaking of lurking, I find that the hits I get from commenting on other blogs gives me incentive to de-lurk more often. I guess that's one reason why the most prolific commenters are bloggers as well.