Sunday, December 23, 2007

Dispatches from the War on Christmas

I know what you're thinking. You're thinking, "I want to know what the Enemy is doing this year to destroy Christmas, but I can't scan the atheist blogosphere myself lest the Devil tempt me! If only I had some sort of spy." Well... *ahem* ...I've been collecting a few, uh, links, if you know what I mean.

PZ Myers and his pharynguloid minions have been celebrating "squidmas." Then he turns around and wishes us a Jolly Christmas. It's an evil conspiracy against all of us vertebrates!

The Pastafarians want to return to the true meaning of Chrifsmas. You know... His Noodliness. Yes, Virginia, He exists.

According to C. L. Hanson, the true meaning of Christmas isn't about consumerism or religion. Read "The Grinch and the True Meaning of Christmas" to find out what she says.

Richard Wade tries to be a nice atheist this Christmas. Hilarity ensues! The "humbug" Christmas lights are so cute.

This isn't from the blogosphere, but I really like this Wonderella webcomic. Is it a Christmas or a Holiday tree? Let's ask it!

No More Mr. Nice Guy tells us that the War on Christmas is a myth. But he can't fool us. We all know he's trying to kill Jesus.

If you look at Google Trends (via Cosmic Variance), interest in Science dips around Christmas time! Ironically, so does interest in Religion. It seems that the only victor of the War on Christmas is Shopping. But you already knew that?

Merry Christmas! Happy Holidays!

1 comment:

C. L. Hanson said...

Thanks for including my grinch post in your "War on Christmas" roundup. That's my more subtle secular Christmas article. I also wrote another post, along the same lines as No More Mr. Nice Guy's article, only a little tiny bit nicer... ;^)