Sunday, October 5, 2008

My bloggiversary

Hey, it's my bloggiversary! A year ago, today, I started this blog. I don't think I expected, back then, to be blogging so consistently for so long. But since that time, there have been about 250 blog posts, almost 500 comments, and almost 20,000 unique visitors. My writing has also greatly improved since then (I think so, anyways).

The one thing that hasn't changed much is the site design, because that's way too much work. Sometimes, though, I wish I had a banner... Conspicuous sigh.

How to celebrate... I could dig up some old favorites that more recent readers would have missed. Kind of a lame celebration, I admit, but it's just an arbitrary time-marker anyways.

Puzzles!
Guess the Picture
Polarized glasses

Critical thinking!
Absence of evidence in the Bayesian
The sunk-cost fallacy
On the skeptical identity

Science!
Cosmic purpose and the Lagrangian
Home experiment: Spinning box
Quantum Mechanics: Particles or waves? (also see part 2 and 3 of the same series)

Atheism!
How to recursively divide atheists
Anti-religious themes in The Golden Compass (the novel, not the film)
A simple Ontological argument

This list is not meant to be complete! I already have the archives for that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on making it this far! I hope you'll keep it up for many years to come.