Saturday, October 13, 2007

My first week of blogging

It's been only one week since I started, but there have already been several things that have surprised me.

1) How did I write so much? I just didn't expect to write something every day. I've always wondered how bloggers can update so often, but I think I understand now.

2) I don't want to scare anyone, but I was surprised how much info statcounter gives me. It doesn't tell me who is who, but it tells me the referring link, if any, and the length of the visit. It reminds me of all those times that I have left open tabs on various blogs for hours before actually looking at them.

3) So pretty much all the time I find myself saying the words "so" and "pretty." I guess that's the way I actually talk. I've been trying to delete instances of these words so I can add a bit of word variety.

4) I am a bit surprised to find I have a number of readers. But it seems no one will comment unless I specifically ask them to. People, I am not anti-social. Since some friends I know might comment anonymously, I'd actually be forced to be nice to you. Ok, I lurk all the time and understand the reasons for doing so, but I still stand by my hypocrisy.

5) Speaking of lurking, I find that the hits I get from commenting on other blogs gives me incentive to de-lurk more often. I guess that's one reason why the most prolific commenters are bloggers as well.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dartheyebunny: I've went to the site a few times, this is the first time i read anything : )

miller said...

Hello. FYI, you can select "other" instead of "anonymous" to use any screen-name you like. Drop by any time.

(whispering to rest of the internet in conspiratorial tones)
See, people I know are here! It makes me self-conscious...

Anonymous said...

FYI, most bloggers are not selfconscious even if people they knew were looking at their blog. I'm sorry, but that's just stupid.

miller said...

Well, since we're reacting to mild humor with acrimony...

I'm sorry, but you have absolutely no idea who these people are, or what their relationship to me is. You are out of line.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
miller said...

Respectfully, I must delete comments that breach anonymity, regardless of their content. Otherwise, you can be as disagreeable as you like. Thanks.